Happy Valentine's Day


Last night I worked until 6am. I made a huge decision about my wedding collection on Friday night and vowed not to sleep until I accomplished the change (details to come). It's crunch time to get this website launched and I want everything to be just right. I knew I was going to be a terrible, sleepy Valentine. But Bryan woke me up and told me to get dressed (I, of course, reached for the heels) and he said "no, no - put this on" (my favorite fuzzy green sweatshirt of course). He took me to Ella's - a great little spot close to us that we discovered with our friends Joey and McKay. I typically try to eat very healthy, but today - it was a waffle with Nutella and bananas and a Mimosa. Breakfast of champions.


I've been writing and thinking a lot lately about my arch of creativity, pushing myself outside of my comfort zone and the "things" I love to surround myself with... this morning as we had a quiet little brunch to celebrate Valentine's day, I thought... "this is what its all about." I've told you how much I love to build -  a family, a home, a business, a brand - but how nice a feeling to know that something is already so whole, yet still growing so much. No building required. Bryan reminded me the other night after my emotional video post how much I have stepped outside of my comfort zone and don't realize it - by starting a business on my own, by moving 7 hours away from my family to be with him in South Florida, by challenging the status quo and reaching for something bigger by sharing my journey with others. He is right.

When my new blog launches, I'm planning a post about how we met, got engaged and became Mr. & Mrs. Ley. It's a great story. Let's just say, I had my eye on Mr. Ley long before we started dating. He's a charmer, what can I say.


So on this Valentines Day, I'm so thankful for the unending support and love from my sweet husband, who surprised me with peanut M&Ms (mmmm I know you want some, Jeff Holt) and a card with pop up hamsters.  Yea, that's Bryan. Right now, he's working on our letterpress. It fills my heart up so much to see him so excited about something I also love so much. Today I'm reminded that sometimes, that thing we search for so often - for inspiration, for support, for someone to push and challenge us - is right in front of our noses. So Happy Valentine's Day to my sweet family - whose support is so never ending; to my random and wholehearted husband who always makes me laugh and feel so loved, and to my friends who fill my heart and my days with so much joy.

2 comments:

Michael Newman said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Can't wait to read the story of you and Mr. Ley! Looking forward to your new site!

RosieHernandez said...

your posts always make me so (damn) emotional :)
Thx for sharing! R