New Beginnings

January is one of my favorite months of the year. There's so much enthusiasm, so much opportunity and all kinds of possibilities to come. My resolution this year is to make resolutions that I can actually stick to - things that are inherently important to me and achievable. More on goal planning to come. But another reason I love January is because it is an opportunity to START fresh. I really want my new (soon!) blog to be a reflection of me - not just Emily Ley Paper - but of a Southern girl living a Southern life trying to "doitallbeitall." So I thought I'd share a few of my FAVORITE things as we start a brand new year.


J.Crew is one of my most favorite places. Ever. A little 2010 goodness showed up in my mailbox today. At left are the new metallic leather Sperry Top-Siders. Sperry's are some of my favorite weekend shoes. They're cute, comfortable, casual and now (thanks to J.Crew) super chic. Even though it doesn't get blow 32 degrees in Tampa, every girl's got to have a cute coat - enter the Wool Harbor Peacoat. Just ask my mom, I bought a FAB coat from Ann Taylor LOFT when I was home for the holidays. Why? I needed it. Because one day. I might. Travel somewhere. Cold. Perhaps. Next - J.Crew perfect fit tees - I own 10. They're super comfy, not super tight, not super loose and fit just right (not to mention SUPER affordable and great quality).


For Christmas, my sweet aunt gave me this amazing Citron Hand Therapy from Crabtree & Evelyn. Its one of my new favorite products ever. It smells so fresh and makes your hands so soft (without the greasiness - not a fan of greasiness). Besides shoes, purses are a girl's (this girl's) best friend. I'm a huge Dooney & Burke fan. When B and I went to New York, we found the Dooney there and I went a little nuts. I only bought one purse but they were all on SALE!! They're so durable, very classic and come in fresh colors. These Tiffany Beaded Earrings are my go-tos almost every day. They're as classic as pearls and go with everything. I own three of these little beads. One for backup in case I lose one. But that's not on purpose :) I lost one one time and B saved the day my following birthday with a new pair.


I am in LOVE with Sharpie Pens. I carry these with me everywhere. They're perfect for writing on every type of paper and come in a great selection of colors. I prefer pens that are thin (small hands) so these are the way to go. Moleskin journals are a new obsession of mine. I have a love affair with kraft paper (as you'll see on the new website) so the kraft Moleskin journals are my fave. I keep one in my purse every day now. Stamped across the front are the words Making It Happen. Thanks, Lara :) And last but not least - the Live What You Love letterpress print from Hijirik on Etsy. Most of all, I love that phrase. But, I also love letterpress. A lot. (one day I will own one).

Living what I love is becoming a constant theme in my goals for 2010. Instead of resolutions, I've set goals for myself. Blogging consistently is one of them. I'll share them all with you down the road. Thanks again to all the supporters of the MTH First Class Scholarship. Twitter was all a flutter with MTH support over the past 48 hours. $710 later, something big is about to happen to a wedding pro. Get ready whoever-you-are, you're about to be changed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE your new look! xo Kelly

Emily Ley said...

Thanks Kelly! :) Its my "transition look" as I wait for my new blog! :)

msully24@hotmail.com said...

Hey Emily! Love your work. I found your blog through Southern Weddings. I've loved paper/stationary, etc. since I was a little girl. Would love to work in the industry at some point. You may get an order/email from me soon! Take Care and Happy New Year!

Valerie Metrejean said...

Great post! I am loving how the pictures came out for the etsy site. Can't wait to see the website.
I am working on a trend post for a local magazine and included craft paper. I'm in love it it!

Mary said...

This is Mary...btw. My previous comment posted my email address istead : )